Sweet Potato Brownies
Two of my favorite things in the world are sweet potatoes and chocolate. And guess what? When you combine the two, they create the most decadent and guilt-free brownies ever!
I decided to put a healthy spin on the classic chocolate-lovers treat and I must say that mine are just as delightful. Rich in flavor, but also packed with healthy fats, fiber, and Vitamin A! To cook the sweet potato, pierce it with a fork, wrap in a damp paper towel and place in microwave for 3:00 minutes. Cook until soft. I hope you like these as much as I do!
Total Time: 35 min
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 25 min
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- ¾ cup almond meal
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 cup cooked sweet potato
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips for topping
- Pierce potato with a fork and wrap in a damp paper towel. Cook sweet potato in the microwave for 3:00 minutes or until soft.
- Using an electric hand mixer or stand mixer, whisk together the eggs, syrup, and coconut oil until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine almond meal, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet.
- Add the sweet potato and mix until well combined.
- Pour brownie batter into baking pan and bake for 22-30 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. (I have a super hot oven that cooked them in 22 minutes!)
- Remove from oven, let cool for a few minutes, top with chocolate chips, then let the masterpiece cool completely before cutting!
- Try not to eat the entire pan at once!
Post a Comment