Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 18 minutes
Total Time 38 minutes
Servings 4 servings, 2 fajitas each
- 1½ tsp . olive oil
- 2 medium green (red or yellow) bell peppers, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion , sliced
- 2 cloves garlic , finely chopped
- 1 lb . raw extra-lean beef sirloin , cut into 2-inch strips
- 1 tsp . ground chili powder
- 1 tsp . ground cumin
- 1 tsp . crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp . sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- ½ cup fresh salsa
- 8 6- inch corn tortillas , warm
- 4 Tbsp . reduced-fat (2%) plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges
Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Add bell peppers and onion; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 6 minutes, or until onion is translucent and peppers are tender.
Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
Add beef, chili powder, cumin, pepper flakes, and salt; cook, stirring occasionally, for 7 to 8 minutes, or until meat is no longer pink.
Add salsa; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until heated through.
Evenly top each tortilla with beef mixture, yogurt, cilantro, and a squeeze of lime juice.
Post a Comment