Chicken Burrito Bowl
Looking for a yummy Mexican dinner without the carbs of a tortilla? Then this is the perfect meal for you!! The Slow Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowl is full of flavor and super easy to make. It's a winner for the entire family!!
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts about 2 large breasts
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 teaspoons of onion powder
- 2 teaspoons of garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3 cups of low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 15 oz can of diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 14 oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cups of instant whole grain brown rice
- Cook onions with olive oil on medium heat.
- Place chicken breasts and cooked onions in slow cooker.
chicken broth over chicken breasts and stir in canned tomatoes, olive
oil, onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Cook on low for about 4 hours.
- Remove chicken breasts from slow cooker.
- Turn slow cooker to high and stir in instant rice and black beans.
- Let cook 30-45 minutes on high, or until rice is tender.
- Add chicken back in, cook for 20 minutes on high, or until chicken is warm.
- Serve with fresh diced tomatoes, plain Greek yogurt, green onions or avocados.
21 Day Fix: 1 Yellow, 1/2 Red, 1/2 Green