Cauliflower Lasagna.....MMMMMM!!!!! A clean eating casserole that was pretty awesome tonight!! It may not look pretty, but it was delicious!! The Italian turkey sausage and Ricotta made it very flavorful!!Ingredients – Makes 4 servings
1 Large cauliflower head (broken into florets)
1 T EVOO
16 oz Turkey Sausage
1 cup of low skim Ricotta
medium yellow onion, diced
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp oregano
14 oz can diced fire roasted tomatoes
14 oz can crushed tomatoes
1 cup shredded cheese
Sea Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
**Depending on moisture you could add 1 T of corn starch to absorb the excess , cauliflower holds a lot of moisture inside**
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
Add cauliflower florets and boil for 3-5 minutes. Drain and rinse the
florets with cold water. Try to remove as much moisture as possible.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil
over medium-high heat. Add sausage and brown for 8-10 minutes. Break
into small pieces. Stir in onion, garlic, oregano, thyme. Saute for 5-7
- Add tomatoes and cook 5 minutes. Salt and pepper, to taste. I don't use too much salt because the sausage has lots of flavor.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in cauliflower.
- Add in cup of Ricotta, mixing well
- Transfer mixture to a 9×13 inch baking dish. Cover with foil. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven & top evenly with shredded cheese.
- Remove foil and bake an additional 5 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Broil for 1-2 minutes (until cheese is crispy and brown )
21 Day Fix Containers – 1/4 of pan equals 1 serving
1 1/4 Red, 2 Green, 1 Blue, 1 tsp