Mama Misty Pasta
- 1 box whole wheat or whole grain pasta
- 4 links Italian sweet turkey sausage (to spice it up, add a pinch of red pepper)
- 1 container baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 cup sun dried tomatoes (tip: dried tomatoes in produce isle...no oil!)
- 3/4 bag of spinach leaves
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ⅓ cup milk (optional...I just used a little extra virgin olive oil..EVO)
- Cook pasta according to package instructions
- In a skillet, saute all vegetables with EVO. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Once tender, remove from pan, and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Remove the sausage from its casings and brown the meat in the skillet.
- Add the cooked noodles and vegetables to the sausage. Mix with remaining oil left in pan.
- Stir in shredded mozzarella until the cheese melts.
- Use your green container (or 1 cup measuring cup) to portion out each serving. Enjoy!