Nanna's Pasta Primavera
DELIZIOSO!!!!!! We made this tonight and I felt like I was eating at an Italian restaurant!! Seriously, this meal tasted as good as it looks. I don't think the family said one word during dinner tonight because we were so focused on the enjoyment of this meal. This is definitely on TOP of my winner list!!
- 1 lb Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 lb box Whole Wheat Bow Tie Pasta
- olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 small onion
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 small yellow squash, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 can diced tomatoes (drained)
- 1 tbsp basil (fresh is always better)
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon powder
- 1 container Parmesan cheese
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Place pasta in pot and cook for 10-12 minutes, drain.
2. Place sausage in a large skillet over medium heat and cook until evenly brown; set aside.
3. Heat 1/4 cup oil in skillet. Stir garlic and onion until tender.
4. Mix in zucchini, squash, tomatoes, peas and basil. Dissolve bouillon in the mixture.
5. Season with red pepper flakes.
6. Stir in remaining oil. Continue cooking 10 minutes. (I cover the pan with a cookie pan to trap the heat.)
7. Mix pasta, sausage and cheese into skillet. (I placed mine in a large pot.)
8. Continue cooking 5 minutes, or until heated through.