Crock Pot Kid-Friendly Turkey Chili
CROCK POT KID FRIENDLY TURKEY CHILI
This one’s just for the kiddos (or picky family members)! A mild, kid-friendly chili is made with ground turkey, corn, bell pepper, tomatoes and spices. Top it with your favorite toppings, and serve it with some chips on the side. And a winner for those busy parents that are always on the go!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 10 oz can Rotel Mild Tomatoes
- 8 oz small can plain tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 bay leaf
- chili powder packet (could substitute for seasonings)
- diced avocado
- reduced fat sour cream
- reduced fat shredded cheese
- baked tortilla chips
- macaroni noodles
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the turkey, season with salt and cook, breaking up with a spoon until turkey browns and is no longer pink; place into the slow cooker.
- Add the oil to the skillet and sauté the onion, garlic and bell pepper over medium heat for about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Spoon over turkey into the slow cooker and stir in corn and tomatoes, tomato sauce, cumin, chili powder, paprika and salt, mix until well blended.
- Pour chicken broth into the crock pot and add the bay leaf.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 4 hours or LOW 6 hours.
- Serve with desired toppings.