Misty's Home Made Italian "SAUCE"
I am sharing my "secret" with you!! Typically Italians will not share their sauce recipe, but I'm happy to do so. It's tradition for Italian families to make their sauce on Sundays. Nothing better than smelling the aroma coming out from the kitchen. The key to a great sauce is all FRESH ingredients!!! Keep in mind, I "throw" ingredients in, I don't measure. :)Ingredients:
2 tablespoons EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
2 cans crushed tomatoes (15 oz)
1 can tomato paste (6 oz)
1 yellow onion chopped
4 cloves of garlic chopped
fresh basil chopped (about 1 tablespoon)
fresh parsley chopped (handful)
1 teaspoon garlic salt
sea salt & pepper to taste
1. In a large pot, pour in olive oil. Cook onions for about 4-5 minutes on medium heat or until translucent. Add fresh garlic and stir.
2. Add 2 cans of crushed tomatoes. Fill up 1 empty can with water and pour into the pot. Stir.
3. Add tomato paste. Stir.
4. Add the rest of the ingredients.....basil, parsley, sea salt, pepper, garlic salt.
5. Bring the pot to a boil.
6. Reduce heat and simmer for 4 hours. Stir occasionally.
7. My favorite way to test my sauce is by dipping bread in it. :)
Post a Comment