Slow Cooker Beef & Broccoli
- 1 cup water, divided
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 3 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger (optional)
- 1-1/2 pounds sirloin steak
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 pkg (16 oz each) frozen broccoli florets
- Brown rice, cooked
- Spray inside of slow cooker with cooking
spray. Stir together 3/4 cup water, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic and
ginger in slow cooker.
- Cut beef into strips. I sprinkled garlic powder for more flavor.
- Add beef.....turn to coat with soy sauce mixture.
- Cover; cook on LOW 7 hours or on HIGH 3 hours or until beef is tender.
- Remove beef from slow cooker. Combine
cornstarch and remaining 1/4 cup water in small bowl; whisk into slow
cooker. Cover; cook on HIGH 15 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Cover to keep warm.
- Place broccoli in microwave-safe bowl. Cover & microwave on HIGH 5 minutes or until broccoli is thawed.
- Add beef and broccoli to
slow cooker; stir to combine.
- Cover....cook on HIGH 15 minutes more or until mixture is hot.
- Serve with brown rice.