Clean Eating Mexican Lasagna
- 1lb lean ground chicken (or turkey)
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese (low fat)
- 1 cup of cottage cheese
- 1 cup of clean salsa
- 1/2 cup of black beans
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- 4 low carb whole wheat tortillas, cut into strips or use whole (I bought mine at Jewel)
- corn (optional...I used frozen)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a skillet pan sprayed with nonstick spray, cook the ground chicken and onion until brown. Once cooked turn to low and add salsa, black beans and taco seasoning and mix together. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine 3/4 cup of the cheddar cheese and the cup of cottage cheese.
- In a baking dish sprayed with nonstick spray, line the pan with 1/2 of the tortilla strips. Scoop 1/2 of the meat mixture on top and spread out, covering the tortillas. Then add 1/2 of the cheese mix on top of the meat and spread. Repeat the layers again with remaining strips, meat, and cottage cheese. I sprinkled frozen corn. Top with remaining cheese.
- Cover and bake for 40 minutes and enjoy! 350 calories per serving.
Another winner (-: Didn't have corn, and had to sub in kidney beans, but even then it was pretty darn awesome. Love your meal ideas!ReplyDelete
Loved it - used 2 tortillas and a smaller dish!ReplyDelete
What is the serving size for this and do you know which 21 day fix containers you would need to record? I thought at one point you had it listed on here.ReplyDelete